“If there is no struggle, there is no progress.” -Frederick Douglass
Today is my last day being 24 years old. I was Born February 13th, and tomorrow is my 25th birthday so to celebrate I wanted to share with you a few things I have learned.
5 Things I Learned from 18-24 Years old
1.Create your own path!
- Don’t ever feel limited. You don’t have to do things how they have always been done.
2. Eliminate “Save Me” mentality!
- No one is coming to get you out of your mess or to make your life drastically better. Let me explain, sometimes we allow our experiences, lack of support, toxic relationships to distract us from what we really should be doing.
- There are no super women or super man in the world. Lean solely on God. Why? God is dependable.
3. Be PATIENT, there is a reason for the wait.
- Patience is a area that you don’t want to lack in. Accept the delay as time for you to work on something else, rest or get closer to God. Sometimes we aren’t ready for what we think we want right now. Be careful for what you ask for.
4. Faith Maintenance is a MUST
- Read-Hebrews 11:6 . Faith is apart of your spiritual armor, if you don’t have it or are lacking it you need to check yourself. Go to your quiet place and spend more time with God to restore the faith you are lacking.
- Sometimes certain life circumstances can allow us to feel that we were robbed of our faith but we can’t allow that to happen. Don’t let anything, anyone, or any experience separate you from the love of God.
5. Always Pray!
- Pray about everything you do, every relationship, friendship, community your apart of etc. Sometimes God is trying to get our attention but we refuse to make time for him. We need to be able to hear God and be guided by him.
I recently learned through prayer that I was my biggest hindrance for the longest time.
Short Story time:
The book I recently launched. I wrote that book in high school. I got it copyrighted and did a photoshoot on my 21st birthday for the book (keep in mind I turn 25 tomorrow, I withheld the book for over 4 years) . I had everything I needed to launch the book a long time ago but I never did it.
Apart of me wants to believe I was waiting for a certain level of support. I kept allowing life and people to discourage me from walking in my purpose. God had to take me back to a place I never wanted to go back to in order to wake me up. He gave me this assignment a long time ago and I was disobedient but I finally surrendered.
I finally let my will for myself die and submitted to Gods will for my life. I submit to Gods timeline not mine. The moment I submitted, God blessed my husband with the resources we needed to properly promote and market the book. This is just my way of letting you know when God tells you to move you need to move period.
Porchia Suber is Bold and Beautiful.
Thank you for pushing me in 2020. Thank you for sharpening me with everything I have been through. I have learned so many lessons. I aim to make you proud and grow closer to you everyday. Anything that is not like you please bring it to my attention so I can quickly correct it. I still struggle with forgiveness, moving on from my past and staying focus but I know your strength is made perfect in my weakness. I know you are are able to heal the parts of me that feel broken. No matter how I may feel I know I am not broken beyond repair because I have you as my father. You know exactly what I have need of in this season of my life. I trust that you will provide for me and my husband and meet every last one of our needs.
If you don’t do anything else for little ole me then I won’t worry because honestly father you have done enough. I am grateful for life, health and strength. In Jesus name we pray.
Blog Post Sources
© Copyright since 2021 Porchia Suber-Destined For Greater